Human rights, including the right of workers to form trade unions, to strike, and to bargain collectively with employers, are universal and indivisible rights which inhere in all human beings by virtue of their humanity.
The Liberal Party government of the Canadian province of Ontario, however, is challenging this notion by calling on the Supreme Court of Canada to rule whether farmworkers are in fact human beings or part-time, precarious humans who abandon their humanity when they are working.
- RT @minsooklee: . @j4mw @StorylineEnt thanks you for spreading word about the fundraising for #migrantdreams 11 hours ago
- Striking Dubai workers face mass deportation - Features - Al Jazeera English aje.me/1abWa9f 13 hours ago
- Help make it happen for Migrant Dreams on @indiegogo igg.me/p/413680/twtr 16 hours ago
- Like Migrant Dreams' facebook page: facebook.com/MigrantDreams fb.me/28UUINtZK 16 hours ago
- Support Min Sook Lee's new documentary, "Migrant Dreams" Spread the news and donate here:... fb.me/1fznMEbm8 16 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Les «fraises ensanglantées» des immigrés esclaves du Péloponnèse May 6, 2013
- Grèce: des migrants blessés par balles pour avoir réclamé leur salaire April 30, 2013
- Global Workers Alliance: U.S. Comprehensive Immigration Reform: April 25, 2013
- Canada: Who’s looking out for Tim Hortons’ temporary foreign workers? December 12, 2012
- Worked to death November 30, 2012
- US: Global Workers joins Catholic Relief Services (CRS) and others to implement new Jornaleros-SAFE project November 14, 2012
- B.C. Unions fight plan to import China miners November 8, 2012
- Migrant Workers Alliance for Change responds to new immigration levels and mix numbers announcement November 8, 2012
- Report: African torture victims held under devastating conditions in Israel November 8, 2012
- Aquino to tackle plight of migrant workers at 9th ASEM Summit November 5, 2012